Understanding the Stages of Construction
In South Florida, the different stages of construction typically include the following:
- Land Acquisition: This is the first stage of construction, where the developer acquires the land for the new construction project. The developer conducts due diligence to determine if the land is suitable for construction and if it meets zoning requirements.
- Pre-Construction: During this stage, the developer finalizes the design, obtains necessary permits, creates a construction timeline, and secures finances for the project.
- Site Preparation: In this stage, the land is cleared, and necessary infrastructure such as roads and sewer lines are put in place.
- Foundation: This is the stage where the foundation is laid, and the building’s anchor is put in place.
- Framing: This stage involves the creation of the building’s framework or skeleton (includes roofing and flashing).
- Plumbing, electrical, and HVAC: The installation of pipes, wires and MORE.
- Exterior Finishes.
- Insulation, Air and Vapor Barriers.
- Interior Finishes.
- Paint, cabinets, fixtures and landscaping.
Previously visible only to Rental Beast Pro subscribers, MIAMI Realtors® now have access to the addresses of Rental Beast’s owner-sourced rental listings, including move-in ready, new rentals. While detailed access requires a paid subscription, all basic listing information is available to MIAMI Realtors® for FREE!!!
Fundamental Tips for Selling New Construction
- Develop a deep understanding of the new construction project. As a realtor, you should be fully aware of the layout, features, benefits, and pricing. You also need to have a good understanding of the builder, the location, as well as the target market.
- Establish good relationships with the builder and team members. You can gain their trust, get timely updates, and have access to insider information about the new construction project.
- Focus on marketing and brand awareness. Make sure of multiple marketing channels to target prospective buyers. Use social media, online listings, brochures, and email marketing to promote the new construction project.
- Host events and tours of the new construction.