MIAMI, FL (PRWEB) JUNE 28, 2013
Brazil ranked among the top countries searching for Miami properties on Miamire.com in May 2013, according to the 27,000-member MIAMI Association of Realtors (MIAMI). Trends also show that South Florida remains the top area in the nation for international real estate buyers and consumers, evidenced by statistics from the MIAMI website, which has received more than one million visits between January and May 2013.
Brazilian Interest in Miami Market Grows
Brazil topped the list of countries—second only to the U.S.—that conducted searches on the MIAMI website (http://www.miamire.com) in May. MIAMI is the ambassador association for the National Association of Realtors to SECOVI-SP in Brazil and has conducted extensive outreach to Brazilian agents and buyers since 1996. SECOVI-SP was MIAMI’s first international partner association. Today MIAMI has more than 100 partnerships with real estate associations worldwide, including FENACI, COFECI, and Balneario Camboriu also in Brazil. MIAMI also shares listings with associations in Brazil through its landmark International Data Exchange, which further promotes MIAMI members and the South Florida market.
As a result, Brazilian buyers consistently rank in the top three countries of origin investing in Miami real estate, according to the 2012 Miami International Market Report.
“Miami continues to be a top choice for Brazilian buyers who feel at home in Miami and are attracted by the local lifestyle, culture, and thriving real estate market,” MIAMI Chairman of the Board Natascha Tello said. “Our relationships further boost already strong interest in our market, as affluent Brazilians prefer Miami over any other market in Florida and the U.S.”
The top five countries searching South Florida properties on Miamire.com (Miami Association of Realtors Property Search) in May 2013 remained the same compared to the previous year, but figures show growing interest among foreign buyers and investors in Brazil, Canada, and Venezuela:
1. United States
1. United States
9. United Kingdom
“A growing number of buyers from worldwide markets are showing interest in all that Miami has to offer, as our website becomes a top portal for international consumers,” said 2013 MIAMI Association of REALTORS Residential President Fernando I. Martinez. “Foreign buyers and investors know that Miami and South Florida offer profitable opportunities and want to preview what’s available and take advantage of the local affordability combined with world-class amenities.”
Miami Top Market for U.S. and Foreign Consumers
Nationally, Miami is consistently one of the top markets for most of the highest ranking countries searching for property in the U.S. Miami again ranked second only to Los Angeles among the top ten overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers throughout the month of May 2013 on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International. Fort Lauderdale ranks tenth. If the Miami-Fort Lauderdale real estate market were combined, the ranking would be even higher.
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. Miami, FL
3. Las Vegas, NV
4. Orlando, FL
5. Washington, DC
6. Houston, TX
7. New York, NY
8. San Diego, CA
9. Atlanta, GA
10. Fort Lauderdale, FL
Foreign consumers searching U.S. properties from Brazil, France, and Spain were most interested in the Miami real estate market in May 2013, according to online engagement statistics from Realtor.com®. Miami was a second top choice for buyers from Italy, Netherlands, Russia, and Switzerland. The top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International were:
- *Canada: Los Angeles, Detroit, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando
- U.K.: Los Angeles, Orlando, Houston, Las Vegas, Washington DC
- Australia: Los Angeles, New York, Las Vegas, Houston, San Francisco
- Ireland: Washington DC, Los Angeles, Orlando, Boston, New York,
- *Germany: Los Angeles, San Antonio, Miami, Las Vegas, Colorado Springs,
- Japan: Jacksonville, San Diego, Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Antonio
- *India: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, San Jose, Miami
- *Brazil: Miami, Orlando, Los Angeles, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale
- *France: Miami, Los Angeles, Washington DC, New York, Houston
- Mexico: San Diego, San Antonio, El Paso, Laredo, Houston
- *Italy: Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, San Diego, Las Vegas
- *Netherlands: Los Angeles, Miami, Detroit, New York, Houston
- China: Los Angeles, New York, Irvine, San Francisco, Las Vegas
- *Spain: Miami, Los Angeles, Washington DC, New York, San Diego
- Philippines: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego
- South Korea: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Irvine, San Diego, Colorado Springs
- *Switzerland: Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, Raleigh, Detroit
- *Russian Federation: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, San Francisco
- Singapore: Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York
- New Zealand: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Diego, Detroit, San Francisco
*Country with Miami or Fort Lauderdale as top searches.
Based on the 2012 Miami International Market Report, Miami attracts a significant number of buyers from countries not reflected in property search rankings above, including Venezuela, Argentina, and Colombia.
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 93 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of four organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward County Board of Governors, and the International Council, it represents more than 27,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has partnerships with more than 100 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.miamire.com.