- This event has passed.
(NEB) You Have a Signed Contract…Now What?
February 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Instructor: Wendy Rosenberg
This is a FREE one-hour workshop for MIAMI members.
You have a signed contract…now what? A closing occurs when the buyer signs the papers that make the house theirs. But before that day arrives, a long list of things have to happen. This class will explain what you can expect during the closing process from the moment your offer is accepted to the moment your buyer gets the keys to their new home.
This workshop will begin with how to “safely” make the escrow deposit with the title company and take you through the entire closing process ending with the day of the closing and the exchange of the keys.
You will learn how to:
- Calculate the Buyer’s and Seller’s closing costs
- Learn the difference between a title search and a lien search
- Know which box to check on the Far Bar AS is contract regarding title.
- Know when the Seller pays for title and when the Buyer pays. Know when the Buyer could pay for the title search and lien search.
- Understand how to read the CD and the ALTA Statement
- Learn who will need to sign the closing documents and which documents need to be notarized.
- How to coordinate a mail-away closing when the parties are out of the country.
- Twenty reasons why your buyer should purchase title insurance.