Miami, FL (PRWEB)June 08, 2017
Colombia is the most-active foreign country searching Miami real estate, according to new data from the MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI). Colombia registered the most South Florida property searches among all countries on MIAMI’s portal, http://www.MiamiRealtors.com, in March 2017.
Colombia has led the MIAMI property search rankings in 11 of the last 16 months. Venezuela and Brazil finished second and third, respectively. India, the second-most populous country in the world, entered the top-five in March 2017 after finishing sixth in December 2016, January 2017 and February 2017.
“As Miami evolved from a tourist city to a global metropolis, we’ve seen more diversified foreign home buyers search and buy properties here,” said Coral Gables Realtor Christopher Zoller, the 2017 MIAMI chairman of the board. “It’s no longer just South America. It is home buyers in India, China, Turkey, France and other countries who want to live the Miami lifestyle.”
The top-10 countries visiting Miamire.com in March 2017:
8. Dominican Republic
The top-10 countries visiting Miamire.com in March 2016:
3. United Kingdom
10. Dominican Republic
Colombia: A Top Market for South Florida Real Estate
Colombian home buyers tied with Brazil in making the third-most international purchases in South Florida, according to the 2016 Profile of International Home Buyers of MIAMI Association of REALTORS® (MIAMI) Members. Colombia had a 10 percent share of all international purchases in South Florida. Venezuela (15 percent) and Argentina (11 percent) finished first and second, respectively.
Colombian consumers had the fifth-highest average purchase price ($388,000) among South Florida international clients, according to the 2016 MIAMI report. Brazil had the highest ($775,000).
Colombia home buyers rank fourth among top international buyers in Miami-Dade County (8 percent), second in Broward County (17 percent) and tied for fourth in Palm Beach County (4 percent).
Georgia Leads All States in Miami Real Estate Searches
Georgia registered the most domestic Miami web searches in March 2017. Georgia has led the domestic rankings in three of the last four months.
The top-10 U.S. states searching Miamire.com in March:
2017: 1) Georgia, 2) California, 3) New York, 4) Texas, 5) Illinois, 6) Virginia, 7) North Carolina, 8) New Jersey, 9) Massachusetts, 10) Ohio
2016: 1) Texas, 2) Georgia, 3) California, 4) New York, 5) Illinois, 6) Tennessee, 7) North Carolina, 8) Michigan, 9) Indiana, 10) South Carolina
South Florida is the Most Searched U.S. Market by International Consumers
Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach finished as the No. 1 U.S. market for international consumers in March 2017, according to Realtor.com.
The top-10 U.S. markets for international real estate demand:
1. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
2. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
3. Bellingham, WA
4. Kahului-Wailuku-Lahaina, HI
5. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
6. Urban Honolulu, HI
7. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL
8. El Centro, CA
9. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
10. Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
South Florida ranked as a top-five market for consumers in six of the world’s largest regions in March 2017. South Florida finished as the most-searched U.S. market in Western Europe, South America and Western Asia.
- North America: 1. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 2. Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI; 3. Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD; 4. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX; 5. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Northern Europe: 1. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 2. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 3. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL; 4. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 5. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Western Europe: 1. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 2. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 3. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 4. Cape Coral, FL; 5. Tampa, FL
- Australia and New Zealand: 1. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 2. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 3. Dallas, TX; 4. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 5. San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- South America: 1. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 2. Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL; 3. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 4. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 5. Chicago, IL
- Western Asia: 1. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL; 2. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA; 3. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA; 4. Houston, TX; 5. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS®
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS® was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 97 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of six organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward Council, the Jupiter Tequesta Hobe Sound (JTHS-MIAMI) Council, the Young Professionals Network (YPN) Council and the award-winning International Council, it represents 46,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has official partnerships with 163 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.MiamiRealtors.com