In celebration of MIAMI’s 100th Anniversary, we are extending the early dues payment education credit until April 30, 2021.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Why Real Estate Agents Should Consider Forming a PA or LLC
November 5, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Instructor: Wendy Rosenberg
Incorporating 101 – Why Real Estate Agents Should Consider Forming a PA or LLC
This 90-minute session covers the financial and liability benefits a Realtor obtains from incorporating. Learn a few important reasons why a Realtor® might incorporate instead of operating as a sole proprietor
The following topics will be covered:
- Personal Asset Protection: In a properly structured and maintained Corporation / PA or LLC owners can separate and protect their personal assets. Learn the important steps where you may maximize your protection and maintain corporate compliance with the Florida Department of State- Divisions of Corporations, as well as FREC / DBPR.
- Tax Savings*: Self-Employment tax is currently 15.3% and it comes out every penny an unincorporated Realtor® earns. You will see how by operating under a legal entity (PA or LLC) you can take advantage of tax flexibility and savings to keep more of your hard earned commission dollars. You may be able to find new business deductions that are not available to the agents operating as a sole proprietor.
- Less Risk of a Tax Audit**: The Wall Street Journal reported that unincorporated sole proprietors filing a schedule C (that’s most Realtors®) are Ten Times more likely to have a tax audit than the incorporated ones.
- Additional Credibility: Adding “PA” or “LLC” after your business name can add instant credibility and authority. Homeowners and buyers often prefer doing business with an incorporated real estate professional, and this could lead to more listing and buyer contracts.
- Real Estate Investment LLC’s: Learn the reasons professional and individual real estate investors set up LLC’s for their properties. Become a resource for your clients!
This education session is helpful for the seasoned pro and new licensees alike. You will learn about the different types of corporate structures, and their associated costs, and what the trends are for Florida Realtors.®
Registration via the ZOOM link is REQUIRED to reserve your place and join the training session. Computer/Laptop/Tablet with internet access and audio is REQUIRED.
After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation, click on the zoom link provided. Follow the instructions containing the Zoom meeting instructions; CLICK “ADD TO CALENDAR” to reserve the time in your personal calendar and save the join instructions.
Saving the reservation to your calendar will provide an automated reminder about the session as well as the instructions to Join the session with the time comes.
When it’s time to join the meeting, simply follow the prompts in your ZOOM calendar reservation. From your Computer/Laptop/Tablet, click the URL/link to join the event. Make sure your volume is turned up so you can hear the instructors when they start the session.