- This event has passed.
(WB) Commercial Leases: Terms, Types, Workouts and More – 2 CE
November 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$15.00
Instructor: Avi S. Tryson, Esq.
Whether your clients are landlords or tenants leasing commercial property, or they are sellers or buyers selling/acquiring commercial property, it is critical for you to have a solid foundation of the distinct types of commercial leases and how key provisions can affect your deals. In this class you will learn:
- Why there is no “form” commercial lease
- The differences between Net Leases, Gross Leases, and Modified Gross Leases and to which types properties the various lease concepts typically apply
- The definitions of key commercial lease terms such as “CAM” controllable expenses, usable square footage, and rentable square footage
- Structuring guarantees, security deposits, option terms, and rent increases
- How to protect your commission
- The importance of understanding lease workouts because of COVID related issues