ZOOM: Clarifying Service Animals – 3 CE
August 4 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Have you ever been in the situation where tenants are looking to rent a house with a no pet policy, or you have a buyer looking to purchase a condo in an association with a no pet policy, or maybe you had a short-term tenant bring their animal on vacation where no pets are allowed? If you havenâ€™t chances are you will!
- Identify what classifies a service dog under the American with Disabilities Act.
- Emotional Support Animals are and are not protected by various laws.
- Understand how Officer K-9â€™s are classified and how to treat them in a rental situation.
- Understand the requirements for training a service dog.
- Questions allowed to ask someone who has a service dog to verify the allowance of the dog.
- Understand when a service dog may be excluded from ADA.
- Explain how service dogs are classified under the Fair Housing Act.
- Explain how an Emotional Support Animal would be allowed under the Fair Housing Act.
- Questions allowed to be asked under the Fair Housing Act and Section 504.
- Understand what Florida Statutes says regarding service animals.