In celebration of MIAMI’s 100th Anniversary, we are extending the early dues payment education credit until April 30, 2021.
- This event has passed.
Zoom: Understanding the Real Estate Closing Process
February 2 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$15.00
Instructor: Wendy Rosenberg
A closing occurs when the buyer signs the papers that make the house theirs. But before that day arrives, a long list of things must happen. This class will explain what you can expect during the closing process from the moment your offer is accepted to the moment your buyer gets the keys to their new home.
This class will begin with how to “safely” make the escrow deposit with the title company and take you through the entire closing process ending with the day of the closing and the exchange of the keys.
You will learn how to:
- Calculate the Buyer’s and Seller’s closing costs
- Learn the difference between a title search and a lien search.
- Know which box to check on the FR/BAR AS-IS contract regarding title. Know when the Seller pays for title and when the Buyer pays.
- Know when the Buyer could pay for the title search and lien search.
- Understand how to read the CD and the ALTA Statement.
- Learn who will need to sign the closing documents and which documents need to be notarized.
- How to coordinate a mail-away closing when the parties are out of the country.
- Twenty reasons why your buyer should purchase title insurance.
Registration via the ZOOM link is REQUIRED to reserve your place and join the training session. Computer/Laptop/Tablet with internet access and audio is REQUIRED.
After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation, click on the zoom link provided. Follow the instructions containing the Zoom meeting instructions; CLICK “ADD TO CALENDAR” to reserve the time in your personal calendar and save the join instructions.
Saving the reservation to your calendar will provide an automated reminder about the session as well as the instructions to Join the session with the time comes.
When it’s time to join the meeting, simply follow the prompts in your ZOOM calendar reservation. From your Computer/Laptop/Tablet, click the URL/link to join the event. Make sure your volume is turned up so you can hear the instructors when they start the session.