- This event has passed.
Webinar: Foreign National Rep: A Guide to Non-Resident Buyers, Sellers, FIRPTA, Landlords – 3 CE
June 19 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Instructor: Michael H. Merino, Esq.
Zoom presentation: After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the link.
This course is approved for 3 HRS of Continuing Education. Florida rules require that we monitor attendance and we can not issue credit for less than the number of approved hours. In order to receive credit for your course, please arrive on time and stay for the entire class. Sign-in and Sign-out is required for this class to receive full credit.
Discussion of various methods and marketing techniques designed to capture the foreign national market:
• Overview of various foreign investor issues and traps to avoid
• Discussion of various legal and tax issues related to foreign investors
• Overview of FIRPTA, FACTA & OECD
• Entity Selection Issues for Foreign Nationals: Which entity is best?
• An overview of investor visas
• Overview of withholding liability in the context of property management for foreign
• Discussion of asset protection, privacy, taxation, estate planning and liability
Issues related to the foreign national