In celebration of MIAMI’s 100th Anniversary, we are extending the early dues payment education credit until April 30, 2021.
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Probate of Real Estate for US and Non-US Citizens
November 19, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Instructor: Don Gonzalez
Buying and selling of real estate during a probate proceeding is a very specialized but lucrative market. This course will give a useful understanding of this process, using many real case scenarios to assist you in learning. The course will focus on the following issues:
The three different types of probate administration in Florida:
- An overview of the probate process
- The difference between probate and non-probate assets
- The legal requirements for the sale of real estate in probate
- The different probate administration for a U.S. citizen Florida resident, a non-Florida resident and a non U.S. citizen
- Identification of and distribution to the rightful heirs of the decedent
- Homestead protection and creditor claims which can and cannot be extinguished in probate and affect the transfer of real estate
Registration via the ZOOM link is REQUIRED to reserve your place and join the training session. Computer/Laptop/Tablet with internet access and audio is REQUIRED.
After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation, click on the zoom link provided. Follow the instructions containing the Zoom meeting instructions; CLICK “ADD TO CALENDAR” to reserve the time in your personal calendar and save the join instructions.
Saving the reservation to your calendar will provide an automated reminder about the session as well as the instructions to Join the session with the time comes.
When it’s time to join the meeting, simply follow the prompts in your ZOOM calendar reservation. From your Computer/Laptop/Tablet, click the URL/link to join the event. Make sure your volume is turned up so you can hear the instructors when they start the session.