- This event has passed.
(WB) Property Management for the Real Estate Practitioner – 3 CE
November 9 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$15.00
Instructor: Omar Capellan
This course is approved for 3 HRS of Continuing Education. Florida rules require that we monitor attendance and we can not issue credit for less than the number of approved hours. In order to receive credit for your course, please arrive on time and stay for the entire class. Sign-in and Sign-out is required for this class to receive full credit.
Have you turned down a prospect because he wants you to manage a property? Then this course is for you! This course was designed primarily for the residential real estate agent. This course is designed to provide you with the basic information that you need to get started in property management, one of the hottest segments in real estate today! Come in and learn the day to day information for actual management engagements. The material in this course will provide the basic knowledge of why you are needed, what will be expected of you, the operation of a management office, the legal environment, and ideas on where you can obtain management clients and prospective tenants should you enjoy the management experience and choose to enhance that area of your business.
– List seven reasons why professional property management is needed.
– List the most common property management assignments and the specific challenges with each.
– Describe the fiduciary duties of a property manager.
– Define the specific accounting requirements.
– List the required steps of a tenant eviction.
– Define the potential human relations problems as manager between tenant and manager and between owner and manager.
– Describe six sources of potential management clients.
– Describe seven sources to find tenants and methods for attracting them to management properties.